You are a student (Bachelor, Master, Doctorate), post-doctoral research fellow or research professor
A team is on hand, before and during your stay, to provide:
- Information on administrative formalities: visa, residency permit, health cover, work regulations, opening a bank account,
- information on daily life in Paris, including transport and leisure activities,
- help in finding accommodation outside the Cité campus,
- help in finding a school for your children,
- help students and researchers in joining French as a Foreign Language workshops,
- advice and guidance on finding employment for students, researchers and their spouses,
- cultural visits and evenings in Île-de-France.
Are you experiencing difficulties?
Our advisory centre, the Relais Social International, provides psychological, social and educational support to help you get through any difficult moments. If you are a foreign student or researcher, the Relais Social will be happy to see you, with or without an appointment.
Social assistance: a welfare assistant appraises your needs whatever the type of difficulty (medical, family of financial).
Psychological support: appointments can be made with two psychologists, seconded from the university support service the Bureau d’Aide Psychologique Universitaire (BAPU Pascal). They can help with questions of a personal nature (student card and health insurance certificate required).
Appointments can be made from Monday to Friday by calling 01 44 16 65 62 between 9am and 1pm.
No appointment required
Feel good, feel better: how are you? Emotional wellbeing, love life, sex life, sleep problems, eating disorders, addiction… a healthcare and wellbeing professional is available to listen and provide you with information and guidance..
Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, from 9am to 1pm
The Foreign Student Support Department
From 15th September to 14nd November, extra reception and support services are available coordinated by a multi-lingual team providing a one-stop shop able to deal with all your requests. This department especially brings together under one roof the following entities:
- The French Immigration Office : validation of visa and ratification in residency permit, making an appointment for the obligatory medical check-up,
- The Paris police authority: residency permit renewal (only for residents) and particular cases including first residency permit applications,
- The French government authority dealing with student work permits and changes in status from student to employee,
- Caisse d’Allocations Familiales (CAF) : the French government welfare office dealing with housing benefit applications,
- Caisse primaire d’Assurance Maladie (Health Care Insurance Office / CPAM): information on the general system of health insurance,
- Campus France: reception of scholarship holders and promotion of the French Higher Education system (request for visa procedure), vate healthcare for students, the LMDE and SMEREP for information on health insurance,
- RATP : for information on public transport in the Île-de-France.
MAISON INTERNATIONALE | Monday to Friday, from 9am to 4:30pm